Tuesday 3 June 2008

Stumpy

I'm loving the knitted monkeys that Kaz over on Bubbly Funk knits and she knitted one for Daniel.
Anyway, my mam had a operation on her foot recently and was bored. As she is a knitter I obtained the monkey pattern from Kaz and presented it to my mother with some wool. A few weeks later she gave me a bag full of knitted pieces and said ' I knitted the blooming thing, I'm not sewing it up!!'


and so he sat in a bag for a few weeks.


then last week when I was off work I decided to sew him up. - not sure whether mam went a bit wrong on the pattern or whether it was the wool I picked, but my monkee is very fat with short legs!!


and now I introduce ' Stumpy'
You will also notice that he is blind at the minute, that is because I can't decide whether hes hould have stick on 'google' eyes or sewn eyes. I am not sure which he would suit better.

So there you go, that is my Stumpy Monkee!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is he ........ Oh go on Sam give him some eyes. LOL

I made felt eyes for mine and embroidered some pupils. Googly ones would move more of course and make him look slightly insane. hahaha.

Love him anyway.

Traceyr x

p.s. Do you think you have put the arms as legs and visa versa? That could be why he is stumpy.

Angelnorth said...

Awww, he does look a bit growth challenged, doesn't he? Bless! Show us again when you give him some eyes, won't you? Maybe he could wear a pair of shades in the meantime so nobody will know he's eyeless! Well done Sam's mum and Sam!

Kaz said...

Oh googly eyes are the best Sam (and it's far easier to just stick them on instead of sewing)!

I found my first hairy one (oooeeerr) Mr Humphries had quite short legs, so the next one I made with longer legs. You can always just stretch the legs as you stuff them -there's plenty of 'give' in hairy wool.

Glad you like mine lol!!